Back to the Old Grind
I am back at work, and loving every minute of it...NOT! I really want to be a stay-at-home-mom, and Bret and I are working on some options. We have a business that allows us to benefit from the internet, but it is growing slowly...still it IS growing. We are also looking at a few other things. What we'd like to do is have us both home, but we're willing to take baby steps to get there. If I can be home, and Bret can be down to one job--while still being able to pay all of our bills, etc.--we'll settle for that to start. :)
I haven't had a moment to breathe since being back, and more just keeps coming. Students will be dropped from their classes for non-payment on Friday, so I have been inundated with loan applications. Luckily, there isn't much money left, so Carlene (my boss) will have to deal with those who get left out. She has graciously taken that job on herself.
I will get more regular at posting...as soon as I get caught up.
For now, some highlights:
Trinity loves to carry Talia around. I caught her again today. She tries to be careful with her, but Trin IS only three. It scares me to death, but she won't know that. I simply race over to her and ask if I can hold Talia for awhile. I have put the baby in what I think are safe locations, but the other girls find ways to get her. I figure if we can all survive toddlerhood, we'll be limbered up for childhood. I wonder if that will make it more or less difficult....
Temira has taken to the idea of being a nudist. She strips down regularly, and runs--squealing with joy--through the house...until she finds a place to squat. Mental note: once she stops squealing, it's too late.
Trinity attends the school district preschool on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. She seems to like it, but we still can't get her to talk about it too much. We have noticed that she is more aware of what is going on around her now, though maybe she just voices her opinion about it more. I haven't heard anything from her teacher. She didn't have an open house like some of the others did, and the first day was a little hectic for her. She explained to all of us that she got a flat tire on the way into town. Still, she was there on time. She seems to need sounding boards that are taller than 3-4 feet to unload on. hahaha I can understand that.
We have an appointment for Temira with The Learning Center next Wednesday evening. They were supposed to send out the evaluation forms ahead of time, but we haven't received them yet. We still have a week, but the forms are tedious, and some involve instigating play to see if the child is performing "on schedule." That doesn't happen very easily with 2-year-olds, at least not mine. :) I am hoping that they will be able to work with her for the next year before we have her evaluations at the district. Trinity only went to TLC for a couple of months before she turned three, and then had to wait out the summer to go back to school. At least Temira's birthday is in the fall. Her transition should be a little smoother. I guess we'll see.
I'll write more later when I remember some of the cute things the girls have been doing.
I haven't had a moment to breathe since being back, and more just keeps coming. Students will be dropped from their classes for non-payment on Friday, so I have been inundated with loan applications. Luckily, there isn't much money left, so Carlene (my boss) will have to deal with those who get left out. She has graciously taken that job on herself.
I will get more regular at posting...as soon as I get caught up.
For now, some highlights:
Trinity loves to carry Talia around. I caught her again today. She tries to be careful with her, but Trin IS only three. It scares me to death, but she won't know that. I simply race over to her and ask if I can hold Talia for awhile. I have put the baby in what I think are safe locations, but the other girls find ways to get her. I figure if we can all survive toddlerhood, we'll be limbered up for childhood. I wonder if that will make it more or less difficult....
Temira has taken to the idea of being a nudist. She strips down regularly, and runs--squealing with joy--through the house...until she finds a place to squat. Mental note: once she stops squealing, it's too late.
Trinity attends the school district preschool on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. She seems to like it, but we still can't get her to talk about it too much. We have noticed that she is more aware of what is going on around her now, though maybe she just voices her opinion about it more. I haven't heard anything from her teacher. She didn't have an open house like some of the others did, and the first day was a little hectic for her. She explained to all of us that she got a flat tire on the way into town. Still, she was there on time. She seems to need sounding boards that are taller than 3-4 feet to unload on. hahaha I can understand that.
We have an appointment for Temira with The Learning Center next Wednesday evening. They were supposed to send out the evaluation forms ahead of time, but we haven't received them yet. We still have a week, but the forms are tedious, and some involve instigating play to see if the child is performing "on schedule." That doesn't happen very easily with 2-year-olds, at least not mine. :) I am hoping that they will be able to work with her for the next year before we have her evaluations at the district. Trinity only went to TLC for a couple of months before she turned three, and then had to wait out the summer to go back to school. At least Temira's birthday is in the fall. Her transition should be a little smoother. I guess we'll see.
I'll write more later when I remember some of the cute things the girls have been doing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home